Welcome to our world!

My chinese name is Yin Ling and baby Minori's unofficial middle name is Yen. Both Yin and Yen mean swallow (as in the bird) in chinese. The same swallows that migrate to Malaysia in winter to escape the cold return to Japan when the weather begins to warm up. Like the swallows here, together with daddy, we make our trips between the two countries. Isn't it nice to have two places we can call home?

Friday, July 21, 2006

My new toy

This is the next best thing to Haagen Daz Cookies n Cream!!!

For some time now I've been flirting with the idea of getting a Dyson. When two weeks ago Minori came down with bronchitis, which is aggravated by both cigarette smoke and dust, I finally got serious about researching on a mission critical vacumm cleaner.

We finally got our DYSON! It promises great sucking power; takes in all the mites and stuff. As soon as we got home, I tore the box open, and vacummed our tatami with it. The tatami turned squeeky clean under my feet! When I vacummed our sofa, it changed color! I've never seen our sofa in its original vibrant blue in, what, 3 years (since we first bought it)?!! I used to think those wives in the Yahoo Group were just exaggerating about their Dysons. I'm now one of them!

The bright yellow body is a bonus. Minori loves chasing it around when I vacumm and is starting to show an interest in using a vacumm cleaner!

8 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, July 22, 2006, Blogger Little Samourai said...

ii ne... :-)

 
At 10:44 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

it's a lean mean yellow machine!

 
At 11:52 PM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does it cost, hah? I may want to invest in one as I am averse to dust in the home.

 
At 9:09 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

We got the Dyson DC12 at a nearby eletrical outlet store for 55000 yen. It's over 70000 yen everywhere else. I'm not sure whether they are sold in Msia. I remember checking the Dyson website and couldn't find Malaysia in the drop-down list.

 
At 1:38 AM, August 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also try to bodek DH to buy dyson. He prefer iRobot that can do the job alone. I should show him your comment :) kakaku.com shows over than ¥55000!! I must go to your place and grab one loh

 
At 4:07 PM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the rumba... it's a robic vacum cleaner that goes around vacumn itself and then comes back and charges itself too..

yes, I'm lazy.

 
At 5:48 PM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooops.. spelling mistake. I meant roomba vacumm... http://www.irobot.com/

 
At 6:44 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger UcHeOkEkE said...

wei why no updates wan????
baby growing fast man, need more updates too...
hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home