
Minori cools off with a sippy cup of water and in her "jinbei" that someone (a boy, as you may be able to guess from the macho blue shade) handed down to her. A jinbei is a traditional Japanese summer outfit made of thin gauzy cotton fabric. The baby's version is typically a body suit worn by both boys and girls. The little girls' version and adult version, usually worn by men, is a top and shorts combo. The adult women version of the jinbei is the yukata (also known as the summer kimono). Minori looks so Minoru (male version of the name Minori) in this photo but she's happy!
2 Comments:
I thought I've seen little "yukata's" for little girls sold at shopping malls in Summer last year while I was in Japan?
yes, little girls have the option of the yukata or jimbei.
Post a Comment
<< Home