Welcome to our world!

My chinese name is Yin Ling and baby Minori's unofficial middle name is Yen. Both Yin and Yen mean swallow (as in the bird) in chinese. The same swallows that migrate to Malaysia in winter to escape the cold return to Japan when the weather begins to warm up. Like the swallows here, together with daddy, we make our trips between the two countries. Isn't it nice to have two places we can call home?

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sen no kaze ni natte

@I'm a thousand winds

If there is just one song that mesmerizes Minori and me, it's this one, especially when it's sung by the tenor, Masafumi Akikawa (she calls him "oniisan" = big brother).



The lyrics of the song were originally an English poetry that has been recited on several occasions, including at September 11 memorial ceremonies. Someone in Japan translated and made it into a song and it has become a hit here for months now.

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
By Kelly Ryan

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home