Welcome to our world!

My chinese name is Yin Ling and baby Minori's unofficial middle name is Yen. Both Yin and Yen mean swallow (as in the bird) in chinese. The same swallows that migrate to Malaysia in winter to escape the cold return to Japan when the weather begins to warm up. Like the swallows here, together with daddy, we make our trips between the two countries. Isn't it nice to have two places we can call home?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's my birthday!

We spent it driving over four hours from my in-law's place back to Tokyo. In our family birthdays are never big celebrations. For me, it's a time of quiet reflection: what have a I achieved so far? is my life now what I've always wanted? Minori's daddy thinks I would be more productive thinking about what I want my life to be when I'm 60 and work towards that.

My in-laws got me a strawberry cake a couple of days ago, so that we could cut the cake together just before my brother-in-law made an early departure for Tokyo. How thoughtful of them. More later on our golden week holidays!

(Picture of birthday present from Minori's daddy... a supercute straw hat in preparation for summer... yay!)

11 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband is awesome!

 
At 10:38 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

oh very clever, minori's daddy.

 
At 8:21 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Princess Yoyo & family said...

Happy Birthday!! straw hat is cute, i like straw hat during summer.

 
At 2:28 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Cath said...

happy birthday...wish u all the happiness and sucess

 
At 2:39 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

thank you girls, you are so sweet. i blog ged my birthday mainly to console myself that getting older ain't so bad... and i get these thoughtful wishes from you. how nice!

 
At 8:24 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Little Samourai said...

happy belated birthday, minori's mom! wishing u all the blessings and goodness... :-)

 
At 12:43 AM, May 10, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

coy, arigatou!

 
At 11:25 AM, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minori's mom, happy belated birthday!!
When? I'm so sorry didn't realize it earlier.

She is ready for summer! kawaii boushi

 
At 12:40 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

Hani-san, arigatou... I do feel older :(

Tried the boushi again yesterday and thought I looked old in it!

 
At 2:26 PM, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO U.
FROM YOUR DEAREST COUSIN, MABEL

 
At 12:40 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger mom.diaries said...

thanks mabel. check back on the blog often! take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home